Welcome to APRO!
Founded in 1999, the Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO) is the oldest IPSF regional office. IPSF APRO is made up of diverse cultures, languages, and pharmaceutical societies within the Asia-Pacific region, consisting of 18 countries, 28 associations and approximately 70,000 members.
IPSF APRO, as a functional extension of IPSF, is led by the Regional Working Group (RWG) and their subcommittee members to carry out projects focusing on IPSF objectives to suit the needs of the region.
Our vision is to promote the interest of our members and to encourage international co-operation with external partners to benefit our region.
IPSF APRO has a growing number of countries to participate in projects which are: Australia, Bangladesh, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Uzbekistan and Vietnam.
The IPSF Regional Office is a functional extension of the IPSF Executive structured by elected pharmacy students from IPSF member countries of a specific IPSF region, forming Regional Working Group. Its mission shall be to advance and support the aims and objectives of the Federation at regional level.
Vision & Mission of APRO
The aim of the Federation is to study and promote the interests of pharmaceutical students and to encourage international co-operation amongst such students. It pursues this aim by:
- Establishing a permanent form of contact with representative organizations of pharmaceutical students;
- Promoting the exchange of ideas by international correspondence and by encouraging full dissemination of scientific and professional knowledge;
- Encouraging the formation and development of national pharmaceutical student organizations without trespassing upon their domains;
- Collecting opinions and information on the subject of pharmaceutical education and by suggesting improvements where necessary with the aim of attaining unification of pharmaceutical education;
- Organizing annual international pharmaceutical students’ congresses;
- Encouraging and promoting international visits and exchanges of students;
- Publishing the IPSF News Bulletin as an official organ;
- Co-operation with other international organizations on a scientific, educational and cultural plane only, the Federation being non-political;
- Representing the opinions of pharmaceutical students in discussions with professional, governmental and non-governmental organizations.
IPSF APRO Chairperson
Mr. Cheng-Hsuan Tsai (Michael)
IPSF APRO Secretary
Ms. Yu-Wun (Wendy) Jian
IPSF APRO Regional Media and Publications Officer
Ms. Evelyn Tirza
IPSF APRO Regional Projects Officer
Ms. Adhani Praderika Nafila Winardi
IPSF APRO Regional Relations Officer
Ms. Florensia Rahati Pujiani
IPSF APRO Immediate Past Chairperson
Ms. Yoon Jung Choi
Chairperson of 19th APPS 2020 Singapore
Mr. Teh Kee Siang
IPSF Secretariat :
P.O. Box 84200
2508 AE Den Haag
Tel : +31-70-302-1992